Friday, January 23, 2015

Oceans, Faith, and Testimonies of His Love



This song is my favorite of all time.  It touches my soul, awakens the Spirit within me.  My mind constantly tries to reason through everything, distracting me from my greater purpose.  This song cuts through all the noise, and straight to the heart of my walk.  The truth is, I am walking on water, I have no idea what I'm doing or where God is leading me, and at times I feel overwhelmed.  That is the essence of faith: believing, trusting, and walking, even when you can't see.

I read through some of the comments this song generated on YouTube.  It is obvious this song touches the hearts of many others.  Out of these comments, I found some amazing testimonies, which you can read below, verbatim.  We live in a world of doubt and skepticism, but testimonies of God and His love abound everywhere if we keep our eyes open and listen.

I'm in tears.. Just 7 days ago. I was at a park, just 1 pull of the trigger close too ending my own life.. But then a homeless man saw.. Quickly darted to me and screamed NO! I stopped, I set it down, he handed me a small bible.. And we talked about it and he read me some of his favorite verses. And he said I should never give up on life, giving up on life is like giving up on God.. I went home woke up the next morning and I looked up some gospel music.. Chris Tomlin really helped me and I watched a movie called Courageous and another called Fireproof.. I am glad to say I have accepted Jesus as my lord and savior. I am going to church this Sunday to continue my path with God.. I wish I could tell that homeless man thank you.. I tried looking for him 4 days after my incident.. I can't find him.. I'm going to continue and try to find him.. I just want to say tell him how grateful I am that he took his time to talk to me about it.. 

I'm breaking down right now as I'm typing this, because I had a similar experience.  As I was ready to load my Glock 17 to end my pain, walking up those dark lonely stairs back in the fall of 2004, a male heavenly voice called me, I swear it sounded like my beloved grandpa who passed away 10 years earlier, to stop! In that short brief moment, time stopped and I suddenly was reminded to know these truths - that I am loved, that I am better than this, that life is truly worth living, and that I'm not alone.  The lies I believed were being replaced with a renewed love and faith for my savior, a renewed soul to know I am not worthless, that I'm a son of a living King, that I'm loved beyond anything I can imagine.  Do I believe in guardian angels?  I don't think I would be here today without them.  They probably had to work overtime watching over me in this life I've lived. Thanks and praise to the one who saves all, even the lowest of low, the downtrodden, the broken ones, like me.  Since 2007, I have renewed my vows to Jesus, and help other guys to confront their demons, to submit back to Jesus Christ as their personal friend and savior, and to admit that it's ok to be human and a bit messed up, because we are still so loved and blessed, and that His grace is way more than sufficient.  His love for us?  Deeper then the sea, wider than the 4 corners of the earth, with everlasting arms.  May His hand continue to work in you and your life brother.  You're not alone my friend.

With all your respect,i believe you ,once in my life when i was 16 committing suicide because of a heartbreak,from a guy i was engaged .I goinh through strong emotions that took me to depression.At that time my life just didn't make since to me.At that i was a believer,i used to pray for everything.I remember i locked myself in the closet crying with anger.Asking questions,i said where are you! telling God that if i died i wouldn't care if i went to hell ,and i was expressing how i felt(with pain )I was also saying buy i was going to comment suicide the next day that nothing was going to stop me, or change my mind,that i had it planed it and was. i was tired of living pain..

But then he stopped me before that. God had my mom concern,which to me was awkward at that time,she sent me to her room and had the radio on a christian station.As i was laying down in the bed crying myself to sleep until mitnight...Then i wake up and heard a preacher in the radio saying if there's someone out there tring to commit suicide don't do it! because God loves you,please don't do it! He has a purpose for you. .But i still felt bad,so went back to sleep.So i was awaken the second time and the preacher was like "If you are going to kill yourself please don't do it God loves you and he has a purpose for you"Don't do this,God wants you to know he loves you "i was like yeah sure i'm dreaming" went back to sleep...then the 3rd time my shoulder was shook i felt a hand on my shoulder.I'm like what???! I look to my left shoulder and i see no one standing on the side of my bed,i sas nothing but white fog.I heared the radio and the preacher is worried " "If you are out there trying commit suicide listen God loves you so much,and you have a purpose to be here.I even looked at the time it was 3:00am .After that morning i was my pain was transformed,i felt so much better my mnd set was changed i was like new person i felt different,i left my moms room and then cleaned my whole room it was so dirty.Then i shared my testimony in a christian station to testify that God saved my life. If God had compassion for me i know that he has it for everyone else. He loves us all the same because we are his creation he tell us in the bible. Much blessing and prayers to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment