Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Family Trip to Cotzal

After the wedding, Maria and I traveled with my family up to Cotzal.  My mom, dad, sister, nephew, uncle, aunt, and two cousins traveled with us as well as Pastor Ralph with his son and daughter in law.  It was the first time some of them were able to see the school where I have spent so much time working.


 My family has been such a huge support for me in prayer these last couple of years and it was cool to watch them in the community for the first time.  The first day they went to the school where my nephew Micah was a huge hit with the children at HOREB.



Two teachers came with us: my sister Amanda and Ralph's daugther in law, Lorien.  They are part of WIND's teacher to teacher program which pairs teachers from the U.S. with teachers at Colegio HOREB in order to exchange ideas.  They were able to observe the teachers in the classroom and also participated with them in a teacher workshop put on by the Nicolas Fund of Education (NFE).







Through a donation from WIND, we also were able to present HOREB for the first time with textbooks for all the students.  It was an emotional time for the teachers because they had prayed for this kind of help.



 I was also able to bring some of the group into a few homes where we prayed and visited.  It was a short trip but it was a special relationship building time as my friends in Cotzal got to know more of my family.  As my family left on a plane to return home, Maria and I spent our honeymoon on Lake Atitlan, the start of a new life together.






No comments:

Post a Comment